where we are:
On Piemonte side of Lake Maggiore there is Casabella, a B & B situated in the village of Lesa, in the heart of a verdant plain, called Campagna, between n. 33 main road of Sempione and the lake, 150 m. far from the beaches between the villages of Solcio, to the south, and the port of Lesa to the north.
This Bed and Breakfast is surrounded by great natural beauties and places of very important historical and cultural attraction. Just in the center of an area that is reachable in less time than one hour from Milano to Switzerland, and just over one hour from Torino, it includes, in its proximity with no more than 15 minutes driving, the following attractions:
- Stresa and the Borromeo gulf with its islands (Madre, Bella, and Superiore or Dei Pescatori), home of the very important international summer festival "Settimane Musicali"
- The Mottarone, a mountain near us with forests, refuges and wonderful landscapes over the surrounding lakes, and winter skiing facilities
- Arona, its Rocca and the Colossus of S. Charles, its lively night life (with a 10-minute boat ride from there you can reach Angera and the Rocca Borromeo, with its museum)
- Some golf fields of international fame, of extraordinary beauty and quality, such as "Des Iles Borromées" and the "Alpine".
Finally from Casabella you have easy access to major annual events in art and culture of Lake Maggiore (among many of tham: "Settimane musicali" Grinzane Film Festival, "Letteraltura", "Editoria e Giardini” (Books and Gardens), "Classic Voice Award, Exhibitions and Shows like the "Foundation Art Museum", "Un Paese a Sei Corde” (A country's six-string), Il Museo del Paesaggio (the museum of landscape, etc. ...
In about half an hour from Casabella you can find:
- The town of Verbania (Suna, Intra and Pallanza) and Villa Taranto, its animated narrow streets with numerous bars and restaurants, and lots of cultural and musical events during the summe
- Orta lake, with the city of Orta and the island of St. Giulio
- Mergozzo lake
- The land of the DOC and DOCG wines of the Colline Novaresi, with its historical cellars (Rovellotti, Baraggiola, Borraccia, Cantalupo, Ponti, Mirù ,..), and its historical and natural beauty.
In about 45-60 minutes you can also get to:
- Alpe Veglia and Alpe Devero natural reserves, with their Walzer settlements
- The integral reserve of the Val Grande (visited only with specialized guides)
- Buildings thermal of Crodo and Premia, recently refurbished and enlarged
- The monastery of St. Caterina del Sasso (on the Lombard coast of the lake, reachable by car and also by motorboat from Stresa or Arona)
- Among the Ossola valleys, the valley Formazza, Vigezzo and Toce river waterfalls
- Domodossola and Calvario Sacro Monte
- The Sacred Mountains (Varese, Ghiffa, Varallo, Domodossola, and Orta)
- The land of Varese , with Campo dei Fiori and the collections of contemporary art at the Villa Panza di Biumo
- Biella and Cittadellarte by the famous italian artist Michelangelo Pistoletto.
- Food: Savoini supermarket (200 meters from Casabella)
- Clothing and home Outlet Vicolungo (30 minutes from Casabella)
- Fashion HERNO outlet (100 meters from Casabella)
- Home: Alessi Outlet (20 minutes from Casabella).